JUnit is a huge success and JUnit 5 is an amazing overhaul of a tried-and-true formula. One of its most enticing new designs is its extension model, which is where JUnit Pioneer comes in. It's a small project gathering all kinds of extensions.
In this talk, we're going to take a close look at the project and we won't just stick to the technical aspects:
- JUnit 5 and its extension model
- Pioneer's extensions
- Pioneer's mission statement
- how live-streaming on Twitch grew a community
- organizational style, contribution guide
- code style, Git practices, release considerations
- how we use Shipkit and GitHub actions for one-click releases
If you're maintaining your own small open source project or are interested in a peek behind the scenes, this talk is for you.
I also embedded them below. If they're focussed, you can navigate with arrow keys or swipes (they're two-dimensional, with chapters on the horizontal axis and chapter content layed out vertically). Use Page Up/Down for linearized order and ? for more shortcuts.
Here's a good recording of the talk. I hope you'll like it.
I gave this talk twice before. See below for links to slides (as they were at that very event), videos, and other information.