So you learned about all these new Java features but want to see how they come together? Then let's write a GitHub Crawler and let's throw in everything Java (21) has to offer:
- virtual threads and structured concurrency
- pattern matching and data-oriented programming
- type inference, records, and sealed types
- text blocks and template strings
- a modern HTTP client and improved collections
- modules and OS-specific binaries
The end result will look very different from just a few years ago, let alone 10. This is not your parent's Java!
In the coming months, I'll present this talk at Voxxed Days Zürich and a few other conferences. If you're there as well, I'd love to meet you - I'm always up for a chat. 😁 Just flag me down when you see me. (This includes chat rooms.)
I gave this talk once before. See below for links to slides (as they were at that very event), videos, and other information.