This course teaches everything a Java developer needs to know when going beyond Java 11 to adopt the recent releases: It introduces new language features, updated APIs, and JVM improvements - taught with theoretical introductions, practical exercises, and usage recommendations. We also discuss the six-month release cadence, licensing/support of JVM distributions, and take a peek at future developments.
Every aspect is taught with theoretical introductions, practical exercises, and usage recommendations.
- Java developers who want to move beyond Java 11 to the most recent release
- Solid Java language skills, particularly classes and control flow
- 1 day
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- use new language features to write more readable and maintainable code
- use improved APIs to their full effect
- improve their projects with new JVM features
- determine a Java update strategy and pick a JDK distribution that fits their project
- new language features like sealed classes, records, and
- updated APIs like
- one improved and one new JVM-Features: application class-data sharing and helpful NPEs
- release cadence, distributions, and support
▚Upcoming Public Sessions
While I mostly provide these courses in-house, there's the occasional public session that everybody can attend. None are planned now, but if you get in touch, I'll let you know when that changes.
▚Past Public Sessions
Thu, December 3rd, 2020Java 9 to 15